Blarney Stone Broadcasting
WQON 100.3 FM and WGRY 101.1 FM
LMA with Mitten News, LLC
WYPV 94.5 FM and WWMN 106.3 FM
Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company
Heat Up Your Home Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER”
These rules govern the Blarney Stone Broadcasting WQON 100.3 FM in LMA with Mitten News, LLC, WYPV 94.5 FM and WWMN 106.3 FM and Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company “Heat Up Your Home Contest” (the “Promotion”) being conducted by Blarney Stone Broadcasting Q100 (WQON 100.3 in Grayling and WQAN 99.3 Traverse City) and 101.9 WLDR (Traverse City) (the “Stations”), which will begin at 12:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 09/02/19 and will end at 11:59 pm ET on 12/15/19 (“Entry Period”).
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via any of the following methods:
- Listen to the Stations every Monday, during the entry period, for the Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company “Heat Up Your Home” song of the week will be announced. Every Thursday, the Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company “Heat Up Your Home” song of the week will be played on-air between 6A-7P. The correct calller(s) at 989-348-7100 for WQON, once the song has begun to play, will win a $25 Johnson Oil Company & Johnson’s Propane gas card and qualify for the grand prize of 500 gallons of propane. . There will be a total of 30x on-air $25 gas card winners (15x per station).
- Visit the Q100 website q100-fm.com or the North FM website at north-fm.com during the entry period and click on the Johnson’s Oil & Propane “Heat Up Your Home” contest graphic. Complete the on-line entry form, which includes, name, city, and phone number and submit. ON-LINE registrations qualify for the grand prize only and do not receive a $25 gift card.
Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Stations. The Stations are not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems.
The Stations are not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from calling the stations or accessing station websites.
- Individuals may enter once per entry method per station. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on 12/15/19.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who are legal US residents who reside in Northern Michigan. Employees of Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company, the Stations, its licensee, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Northern Michigan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN THE JOHNSON PROPANE DELIVERY SERVICE AREA TO BE ELIGIBILE TO WIN THE GRAND PRIZE. Visit q100-fm.com or north-fm.com for a detailed map of Johnson Oil & Propane delivery service area.
- Only one (1) winner or qualifier per household is permitted in any Station-conducted promotion. Listeners are eligible to win a prize valued at $600 or more in a Station-conducted promotion only once every six (6) months.
- The winner may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity Release in order to accept the prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Stations will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Stations will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Stations will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Two (2) grand prize will be awarded: Each grand prize is 500 gallons of propane from Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company based on propane prices when prize is delivered. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE is based on propane prices when prize is delivered. Actual value may differ based on price of propane on the date prize is awarded and/or delivered. The grand prize winner will be solely responsible for all insurance requirements, title, taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associate with the receipt and use of the grand prize. Grand prize awarded “as is” with no warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply. Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company will work directly with the grand prize winner to award the prize and will be responsible for issuing the 1099 for the year 2019.
- Thirty (30) qualifying prizes on WQON and WWMN/WYPV: Prizes are one (1) $25 Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company gas card. Approximate Retail Value of each prize is: $25. The Prize winner will be solely responsible for all insurance requirements, title, taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Prize. Prizes shall be awarded “as is” with no warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the Prizes. Gas card must be utilized by expiration date on card.
- All qualifying prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Stations at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 30 days, or earlier for time sensitive prizes, for WQON and WWMN/WYPV at Blarney Stone Broadcasting, 6514 Old Lake Road, Grayling, MI 49738. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior verbal consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Stations are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Stations may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of Stations management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- One (1) qualifier from WQON and (1) qualifier from WWMN/WYPV will be selected at random from all eligible entries received from the on-air contest and on-line registration for each station by the deadline at approximately 11:59 PM on December 20, 2019. The grand prize winners will be announced on-air at approximately 4 PM on Friday, December 20, 2019. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be contacted by phone by the Stations within 5 days of the grand prize winner announcement. Winners must contact Stations within 5 business days of first notification or an alternate winner will be selected from remaining entries. Winners have 30 days to contact Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company to claim prize or prize will be forfeited. If winner is unable to utilize prize, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. No replacement prize will be awarded.
- Winners do not need to listen to the Stations to win.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received by the deadline.
- Winners must sign any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form at the time of delivery or prize will be forfeited and, if time permits, an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Stations. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- By participating in the Promotion, each qualifier and winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to such acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to being allowed to accept any prize or prize certificate, the Stations in its sole discretion may require the submitter of a winning entry to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Stations, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winner by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- The Stations, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Stations make a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Stations reserve the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Stations reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Stations, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Stations reserve the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Stations are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by December 15, 2019 to Blarney Stone Broadcasting and Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company Heat Up Your Home Contest – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, Blarney Stone Broadcasting, 6514 Old Lake Road, Grayling, MI 49738. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 15, 2019 to the above address marked Blarney Stone Broadcasting and Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company Heat Up Your Home Contest” – Winner List. The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) may also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Stations.
Stations: Blarney Stone Broadcasting, 6514 Old Lake Road, Grayling, MI 49738.
Johnson’s Oil & Propane Company, 507 S. Otsego Avenue, Gaylord, MI 49735